Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011

The first day of the new year I am reminded of my divinity and the second day of 2011 I am smacked right between the eyes! I'm not so divine~

As I meditated this morning, with my journal over my heart, I was mirrored back my own judgement and lack of compassion. It was unsettling to say the least and an eye opener. I had openly judged a young, poor, single mother who, quite frankly, I am angry with. Her daughter happens to be my grand-daughter, who I adore and do not see as often as I wish. Her father is my son who has struggled mightily, and this young woman has not made his life easy by any means. So, quite unconsciously, I had casted her in the "villian" role.

"Does she not need the same love and compassion that you give to your son and grand-daughter?"

The smack between my eyes I was referring to! My God, yes...this young woman needs understanding, love, and acceptance. She is doing the best she can. We all are..in this very moment. We have a choice to do better too, in each moment. But, how on earth will this young woman make that choice if no one will take an interest?

I forgave myself in that moment of clarity. And then I silently apolgized to this young mother.

No comments: