Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Intentions

Dear friends,

What are your 2011 resolutions? As the past year came to a close, I found myself reviewing the highlights and the challenges of 2010. It was a year of unparalleled transitions and new beginnings for me and for my family. I asked Spirit for guidance and a clear direction for 2011. As the old adage goes, "Be careful what you ask for!"

The guidance came in the form of a question similar to the directive given to me in 2004 that catalyzed the auspicious birth of the Intent Heals Journal. This question is just as challenging as that directive was, and I’ve chewed on it for two weeks now.

What if you were to "listen" to God -- your higher self, Spirit, (the unnameable one) -- every morning, and then write and post what you heard?

It reminded me of the movie “Julie & Julia,” in which Julie Powell commits to cook every recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Could I make a commitment of this nature? The thought unnerved me. Trepidation has flowed through my veins daily as I’ve pondered this gentle challenge from Spirit. What if I can’t articulate what is coming through? What if I fail to show up? What if God does not speak to me?

I have keenly felt my vulnerability and insecurity as I reflect on this daunting task.

And yet, isn't this what God asks of us? To move fully into our fears? Shine light on what is dark and scary? Penetrate the crevices and unseen barriers within ourselves that keep us from being in the moment, open-hearted, and loving?

And so, with trepidation in my heart and a pinch of fearlessness, I will listen and write what I hear.

Please join me if you are so inspired. And we can journey 2011 together, exploring both the valleys and peaks, challenging ourselves to be a bit braver and more remarkable.

No comments: