Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 1, 2010

"Be still".

That is all I heard as I "listened". The silence was comforting as I pondered the meaning of these two words.'Being' rather than 'doing' was a concept I was familiar with and have been working on. Was God reminding me of this?

It was not until a phone call later in the morning with my friend did I learn that there was more that followed "Be still". In the Bible,Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God". "I Am that I Am", said God to Moses when he asked his name (Exodus, chpt. 3) also one of most famouse verses in the Torah. And Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, made famous "I Am That".

I continue to ponder.

Are we to hold the possibility that perhaps 'I Am that I Am' or 'I Am That' could hold another layer of meaning? A reminder, on this first day of 2011, that we are to reflect on our own divinity?

No comments: