Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011

Teenagers~

I must admit, I am preoccupied. My daughter has brought home two teenage boys. This is a first. I'm trying to be the cool mom, and I must brag, doing a pretty good job of it! I played "not-interested" and pretended that Zoe lying on her bed with two young males (clothed, I might add) did not bother me in the least.

I even left them for a couple of hours to walk on the beach with Andy.

When I returned, they were ready for me to cook. I love that! Burgers on the grill, chips and sodas. It is all so American. And, yet, I know my daughter's angst. One of these guys is a young man she has been interested in for her entire Junior year. He has a girlfriend. Zoe and him are best of friends; that's it. But I know my Zoe wants it to be more.

She won't intrude~

She will wait.

And watch, and hope that things shift..she is her mother's daughter~

No comments: