Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Social Media Marketing~

Huh?

What is that?

Yes, I am a neophyte when it comes to all the new fan dangled social media sites on the Internet. It has been a long, teeth gnashing, journey to bring myself up to speed. First, creating the website, then joining Facebook and LinkedIn, the plunge into daily blogging...and now, horrors of horrors, learning how to tweet.

Apparently, there is a science to social media marketing. Gail Martin has written a brilliant book called 30 Days to Social Media Success. She provides a succinct 30 day plan, with action steps, to build your business through social media marketing. Andy and I are pouring over the pages and are anxious to apply her strategies.

It's a different world now and the traditionalist in me is dying a slow and agonizing death. I like it simple. I do not own a Kindle as I still love the feel of a book between my hands. I like to make notes, and underline passages that move me.

The learning curve is steep. I do not understand RSS feed, twitter still does not make much sense to me, and I find a lot on Facebook annoying. Times are changing, and changing is hard. Sometimes, you just don't want things to change. We like our fur-lined ruts. Leaving them is hard. I've been reluctant to jump on the IT train. Andy still works the TV clickers (smile).

With that admitted, after reading Gail's book, I am excited by the possibilities of social media marketing. I can't wait to plunge in, try her suggestions, and watch what happens. It may hurt just a little, but the pain is worth it!

For anyone looking to learn the fine art of social media marketing, please visit Gail online at GailMartinMarketing.com



.

No comments: