Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5, 2011

Family Dynamics~

I am listening to this..."My job was in the crapper"...No, "It was the 2009 recession"..."Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang"....another voice chimes in, a remark absolutely not connected to the first segment of conversation. My sister's comment to her daughter driving a 1964 Dodge Dart.

Will it make it down the road?

It's graduation tomorrow for my niece, Taylor. Her best friend, Dani and Taylor, are leaving now for Baccalaureate. There are tears of sadness flowing and tears of joy. Joyful memories being remembered and parents celebrating their daughter's future.

Milestones~

Losing a job at 64 and finding another one at 65 is a milestone to celebrate. My Aunt Harriet is grateful that she can continue to support herself and contribute. Our children graduating is another milestone to celebrate.

The family is now gathering to play charades~

The competition in the air is palpable. Teams are being chosen. Another bottle of wine is being poured. The level excitement is rising as we anticipate the shenanigans and fun. "Lord, help me!" There is nothing like family and friends gathering together to celebrate joyous occasions.

I am so in love with my crazy family!

No comments: