Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

The amazing pastel, swirly dress~

Lest anyone fail to fully comprehend the irony, I will go into a full blown satirical account of how my pastel, swirly dress stole the show. I thought it would be ncie to wear something colorful, thinking that my bright appearance might bring attention to our co-op booth and the retail buyers would buy, buy, buy.

Wrong!

While we did have some traffic, and we met some very nice, sincere people, there was not a lot of buying. I tried to stay optimistic and in the flow of positive energy. "Tried" being the operative word. I admit, I flagged about 3pm and fell into the pit of "disappointment", born out of the fertile soil of "expectation."

When I did have a break from the booth, I circulated in an attempt to network, meet new vendors, and learn. That is when the dress became the issue. "Oh, my God, I love that dress!" "Wow, you look amazing in that dress". "Where did you get that dress? " I love that dress!"

I could go on, but I will spare you. Suffice to say, the dress stole the show. If I had a 100 of those dresses, I would have sold them all! I do hope you are enjoying the irony of this. All hope is not lost. I did make wonderful connections (thanks to the dress) and hopefully these will lead to deeper relationships.

INATS has been quite the learning experience, to say the least. Tomorrow, I am going to dress in black and watch what happens -- perhaps the absence of color will attract the perfect buyers!

No comments: