Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4, 2011

A Wedding to Remember~

I married one of my best friends today. Jane and I have known each other since college. An exact number of years would be 31, as I met her my Sophomore year at Dickinson.

This is Jane's first marriage~

One can imagine the trials and tribulations she has endured on the path of finding the "one." Not that marriage was ever her top priority, nor did she embrace silly, romantic, sophomoric notions of 'being married.' Jane pursued her career, dated, and had her fair share of heartbreaks.

When she met Tom, I had an inkling that this may be the "one". They fit; like peanut butter and jelly. When I saw them together, I thought to myself  "Yes, they're perfect." Finally, I received the call..."we're engaged!"

Hallelujah~

I did not expect the invitation to marry them. Humbled, scared to death, I married them today at 2:30pm on a beautiful lake in Essex, Massachusetts where, coincidentally, Grown-ups, was filmed. The weather was perfect. Jane was radiant. The most poignant moment of the ceremony was when a Billie Holiday song was playing, "East of the Sun and West of the Moon," and the song accidentally ended. Jane lovingly looked at Tom and sang the rest of the song. Tom chimed in after a few bars, and I was privileged to be between the two of them as they sang to each other.

No words to describe the poetry in that moment~

There is nothing like being in the midst of love. Weddings are magical. And this is one I will never forget. All my love to you Tom and Jane. You deserve all the happiness that awaits you.

No comments: