Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011

Sunrise~

This morning we tumbled out of bed just before 6am and walked up to a spot where there were benches to watch the sunrise. We are in the San Luis Valley and mountains surround us. The sun was just peeping between two mountain peeks as we made our way to the top of this mound covered in sage bush. We closed our eyes and let the sun hit our faces welcoming the day.

What a blessing it is to be alive~

My first thought every morning is the awareness of being alive - awake. I take a deep breath and exhale then stretch feeling my body and the warmth. Then I drift into a place of gratitude for the people in my life -- Andy, my kids, my family, friends....any number of people swim into my mind and heart. After I hold this gratitude in my heart, I then say a simple prayer for all beings.

"May all beings be healthy, may all beings be happy, may all beings prosper."

Then I visualize the planet in my hands and run white-gold energy through her, cleansing the toxins and imagining the liguid energy healing her injuries. Very quickly I slip into meditation and experience the white-gold energy running through my body cleansing, balancing and healing.

This is my way of creating a sunrise. It is not often I get a chance to catch a sunrise like this morning, but I feel like I immerse myself in a sunrise every morning. It is the best way for me to start the day.

No comments: