Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011

Celebrating mothers and the children we have birthed and those we have loved~

Today is a special day for any woman who has experienced the trials and joys of motherhood. I can only speak from my experience. And, I am acutely aware, that my journey as a mother has been unique.

I have been blessed with two biological children; and many more who call me "mom". My journey as a mother has been special as I have two children who have been so easy to raise; blessings in my life and in so many other lives. This morning my daughter, Zoe, gave me a beautiful card and book entitled My Mom is the Best! She sat on my bed and read me the entire book.

"She taught me to treasure the little things."

"She gave me roots."

"She remembers what makes me happy."

I sat on the bed and cried, fully embracing the moment and how lucky I was to have my daughter Zoe. Thank God I know enough about nineteen year old boys not to have any expectations of Max! No call, no card, no flowers...how is that for wisdom? It will dawn on him eventually, and he will call.

Perfect~

My other children have texted, emailed, and facebooked...how humbling to know that I have played a positive role in their lives. I love all my children; blood or not. Each one of them are a treasure in my life. Each one has made my life richer and more joyful.

Celebrate the day mothers~  We truly are blessed~

No comments: