Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011

Life's Little Ironies~

Last night Andy and I watched Water for Elephants.  I can't wait to read the book. The story was compelling, the acting superb, and we just loved the animals, especially Rosie.

We were almost home when we heard the sickening thud of an animal under the car. "Oh, God" I said to Andy. "I hope it's not someone's cat." With dread, we turned around and went back. At first, it looked like one of our cats, Butter, because of the markings. Upon closer inspection, we realized we had hit a beautiful, golden fox. She was still breathing, but not moving.

After just watching the suffering of the horse and beating of Rosie, there was no way we were going to let this poor thing just lie there, and probably get hit again. Nor, was I going to shoot the fox - no gun and it's just not in me. Andy left to get a board so we could get her out of the road, and I tried to direct traffic to avoid her being squashed. Much to my alarm, I was almost squashed twice by two SUVs that could  not see me waving my arms like a maniac!

We got her in the back of the van. While Andy called vets, I continued to stroke her fur, and send her Reiki. I was so touched by her stanima, and strength. I prayed she was not in pain. We were on our way to a 24 hour animal rescue clinic in Daytona, when the little fox took her last breath.  Andy and I buried her in our yard.

Does life imitate art, or does art imitate life?

The golden fox has gotten under my skin~

No comments: