Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011

Voice of an angel~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFo1pu4q7Q

For my 50th birthday, my father sent me golfballs (no surprise) and a CD. He told me he listens to it all the time. I played it and cried.

Eva's voice is unlike any I have heard. Goosebumps, chills, tears, and a vast appreciation for her range and ability to sing gospel, blues, jazz, folk, and pop -- a pure artist. One song in particular, Songbird, makes me cry every time I listen to it. I played it for Andy this afternoon telling him to pretend that I was singing this to him. I draped my arms around his shoulders and the tears streamed down my face as I opened my heart to her voice and words.

Later this afternoon, I learned that Eva Cassidy died in 1996 at the age of 33 from melanoma. I must say I am still in a bit of shock. The sheer, heartfelt emotion embodied in her songs will ignite you. The CD is entitled Eva by Heart.


Treat youself and listen to Songbird~

No comments: