Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011

"Secrets".

I have in my hands a book by Deepak Chopra, entilted The Book of Secrets - Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life.

This is a book my mother bought, God knows when. Inserted between seemingly random pages are dried flowers. I want to read and fully absorb the book because my mother had it in her bookshelf and somehow I think this will give me access into her mysterious self. I want to understand the dried flowers and why she placed them where she did.

Is this random? Or, is there a pattern, or a meaning that eludes me?

Let me quote what Deepak opens with:

"The greatest hunger in life is not food, money, success, status, security, sex or even love from the opposite sex. Time and again people have achieved all of these things and wound up still deeply dissatisfied -- indeed, often more dissatisfied than when they began. The deepest hungar in life is a secret that is revealed only when a person is willing to unlock a hidden part of the self. In the ancient traditions of wisdom, this quest has been likened to diving for the most precious pearl in existence, a poetic way of saying that you have to swim far out beyond shallow waters, plunge deep into yourself, and search patiently until the pearl beyond price is found."

"Finding the hidden dimensions in youself is the only way to fulfill your deepest hunger."

That statement is something to ponder. I sincerely hope, mom, that you derived some comfort and deeper awareness of our collective existence when you read this.

I will continue to spend time deciphering the pages where there are dried flowers and where there are not.

Is this random?

No comments: