Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011

In the Mountains~

My daughter, her best friend, and I arrived in Bat Cave, NC this afternoon. Our destination was to the home of one of my best friends in the world. Marcia and I met in the hollers of Appalachia in our Junior year of college over thirty years ago. She has just finished building a gorgeous home in Hickory Nut Gorge; a sustainable community on hundreds of acres of land with a reterat cener, orchard. community garden, hiking trails, and a creek with waterfalls.

I'm in Heaven.

I love being in these mountains. Today we hiked, and at a certain point on the trail had to take off our socks and shoes and cross the creek to pick up the trail again. It was cold, and as we crossed, we were surprised by the sense of adventure and how refreshed we felt.

I have made yearly Fall trips to visit Marcia in Asheville for the last twenty years. There is something about this area that is indescribable and a source of renewal for me. It is also the place where my partners and I received the prayer for the Intent Heals Journal.

For those remembered~
May you receive this blessing of love, light, healing and wholeness


Tonight, may we remember those suffering in Japan and hold them in prayer.

No comments: