Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Celebrations~

Being Healthy~

Today I celebrate my health and the health of my family in this moment. I am not, for one millisecond, going to take this for granted or think that it is a permanent state. I just read a heartfelt email from a husband asking for everyone to pray for his wife, the love of his life, who is fighting stage 4 lung cancer. He asked us to make sure we turn to those we love, and give them a hug and tell them how much we love them. I have another dear friend who is also battling a re-occurrence of cancer.

Like breathing, it is easy to take our health for granted. I know. I have been doing so. Finally, I said "enough is enough" and pulled in the reigns. Ever since my birthday, and with all the travel in the last few months, I have been over-indulging and not exercising. I had slipped into a place of "un-mindfulness" as it pertained to what I was ingesting and how much! Andy and I are in our 4th day of a cleanse diet -- no sugar, white flour, alcohol, or any processed food. How do we feel?

Fantastic~

Today, we celebrate our commitment to our health. We celebrate that we can walk the three mile loop, and work out in the gym, because we are not suffering from chronic pain, a debilitating disease, or some other condition that prevents us from exercising.  We celebrate that we have fresh, nourishing foods that we choose to eat. We celebrate the joy of being alive in this moment.

What are you celebrating today?

1 comment:

beemer533i said...

Sunday morning- Frisbee golf, sunshine, green grass, beautiful strong oak trees and family!

Today, we too, are celebrating every bit of life. With good health, open hearts, and sound minds, we are rejoicing in our gifts.