Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

"Oops"

As some of you may have noticed (and some have commented), I seem to have forgotten February 6, 2011. My apologies.

I'm truly not sure what happened. I wanted to blog, I meant to blog...but by the time I was in the car driving to a Super Bowl Party, I realized I had forgotten to blog!!

Failure~

Even as I write this word -- failure -- I am smiling at the absolute absence of any emotion. Family and old friends will appreciate the growth here. A self-described triple A battery (AAA), translation being "perfectionist", I am basking in the glow of non-guilt, acceptance, and the oops.

Loving-kindness~

Loving kindness is a heart meditation practice taught by the Buddha that begins with oneself. Mindful practice leads to the four qualities of love: friendliness, compassion, appreciative joy, and equanimity. It's hard to be kind to ourselves. Learning to embrace everything that we are and are not with loving-kindness and acceptance is a path that has softened me and my expectations of myself. I find myself being kinder to everyone else too!

In the words of the Buddha:

You can search the ten-fold universe
and not find a single being more worthy
of loving kindness than yourself.

No comments: