Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quote of the Day~


“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” -~Sam Keen


I used to describe myself as a "mess in process". Later on down the road, I realized I was "perfectly imperfect". When I acknowledge this and say this outloud, a smile plays on my lips and in my heart. This is the smile of acceptance.

I can honestly share that it has taken me quite a long time to arrive at this place of acceptance -- this incredible place of being "perfectly imperfect". Twenty-five years in fact. And, when I did, love came spilling into my life.

Before, I 'lovingly' showered my expectations and limitations on my loved ones. Wasn't that sweet of me? How on earth are you going to love someone fully and completely if you've got a whole mess of expectations? You can't. It's just that simple. The revolution begins within. Only when we address our own "stuff" and move through the process of releasing, healing, accepting and loving what is, will we begin to dissolve all that separates us from others.

In a place of heart-centeredness and acceptance, love comes spilling in. My love was there all along, but I could not see what was right before my eyes. Andy patiently waited for me to wake up. No expectations on his part. He knew and he waited, knowing that perhaps I would not "see" him and we would remain best of friends.

The opening of the heart is a mysterious thing. We never know where we may be led, but I think the expansiveness of our heart is linked to freeing all that binds and keeps us closed. The inner revolution continues as I embrace my love for Andy, my kids, friends, and all who wander into my path.







No comments: