Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Glimpse into Jennifer's Brain~

Brain dead~

My brain is not firing on all lobes this lovely Sunday; cerebellum, medulla oblongata, temporal and frontal lobes all seem to be on a siesta. I think this is so because I'd rather be sunbathing on the beach with my sister and daughter.

You ever have one of those days when you just don't want to fire up that brain? Let it sleep, I say. No chatter to remind me that I would rather be somewhere else.

This mushy glob of supportive tissue and nerve cells that we call the brain is connected to the spinal cord; together they form the central nervous system. In case you were wondering, the central nervous system controls EVERYTHING.

Our personality, thoughts, memories, intelligence, speech, emotions, our senses, bodily finctions, heart beat...I could go on and on. Thank God the two operate hand in hand. My spinal cord is operating just fine, with my brain cells limping along for the ride.

I'm going to have days like this -- part of the transition.

Wait, my heart is starting to pump a bit harder. And I think I sense new flickerings in my soft mushy brain tissue....yes, only 10 minutes to closing!

Andy and I will be walking on the beach in half an hour. Hand in hand, feeling the sun on our bodies, smelling the ocean, drinking in the splendor of it all.

I'm awake with anticipation~

No comments: