Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spiritual Guidance ~ picking up the shit

My old girl Millie is on her last legs - literally. She's thin, and it is hard for her to get up. For the last 3 weeks (at least) Millie has decided to poop in the house daily. She will pee outside, but will not poop. She saves it for the house.

We haven't yelled at her because she is so old and these are her last days. But, I think this has given her license to continuing pooping inside rather than out. This leads me right into "picking up the shit" in your life. This would have been a big deal earlier in my life. I hate picking up poop. But it's not now. "Oh, there it is -- again." I just pick it up and flush it down the toilet.

What if we were able to do this in all areas of our life? You have a little poop -- someone is unkind to you, you have a fender bender, your computer breaks down -- and instead of getting all crazy and making it more than it is, you say to yourself  "Oh, this is just a little bit of poop. I'll pick it up, flush it down the toilet, and move on."

The trick is not getting mired in the "ick" of the poop in your life. Just deal with it and move on.

1 comment:

Barb said...

let me know when she has to go, I would really like to be there with you. I mean it!