Mind, Body, Spirit Connections

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spiritual Guidance~

Embracing our new adventure~

Today marks one month since Andy and I took ownership of Brothers Nutrition, a health food store in Edgewater, Fl. The first two weeks were a whirlwind and at the end of each day, we found ourselves exhausted. I was not used to standing on my feet 10 hours a day, or prepared for the learning curve I faced and certainly not prepared for the new pace that left little time for anything else.

I am being stretched and it feels uncomfortable. I experienced resistance the first two weeks smattered with excitement.  The last two weeks, I've relaxed into a new awareness -- one of the challenge that lies before us and gratitude for the opportunity.

It's a balancing act on all fronts~

We are always 'balancing' and like surfing, life will throw us waves that require quick twists and turns. I'm riding a new wave; one that requires all my attention, strength, and agility. I have questioned myself -- can I do this?

Yes~

And, my lesson (spiritual guidance) is to be patient and kind to myself. Iam not 20 anymore. I am not able to retain information like I did 30 years ago. Disconcerting, to say the least. But, a reality. I embrace this new adventure with patience and awareness. Acceptance.

I am grateful to be working, to be learning, to be meeting new people, to be in service.

No comments: